Since wedding is one of the most important celebrations of life, especially for the bride, it has to be perfect. And the only way to have a perfect wedding is to plan it well in advance. So, the big question is when is the right time to start planning?
Is it after you understand the concept of “wedding”? Is it after you meet “the one”? Is it after you’ve been proposed? Or is it 1 year, 6 months, 3 months or event just 1 month before the wedding?
Well, it really depends on the bride. There isn’t such a perfect time for everybody. Many brides dream about their big day since they were little. If you are not really into weddings and do not expect the date to be so close, take your time. However, it’s nice to give it some thoughts now and then.
As a professional wedding planner, we do believe that THE SOONER THE BETTER and our brides-to-be should take serious thoughts after their engagement or in many Vietnamese cases, after “The Parents Meet Up” aka “Dạm ngõ”. Normally, the date is set at least 6 months after the engagement which give quite a time to plan.
In the mean time, for our weddings lovers and brides-to-be, there are some notes that could help you finding ideas for your weddings
1. Think about WHO YOU ARE while dream about your big day. This would help you finding the perfect theme for your wedding.
2. The planning should NOT STOP when your venue is booked. It’s only the start.
3. Do RESPECT the choices of your parents but do NOT RELY totally on theirs or anybody else’s. Fight for your own, unless, you agree 100% with them. At the end of the day, it’s your wedding, not theirs.
4. BE A DREAMER even when you don’t have a huge budget, the right planner can make your dreams come true, although may be not all of them 😉
5. STAY TUNED for more tips from The Planners